One of the best spots in Seattle to enjoy Puget Sound and the surrounding Olympic Mountains, Golden Gardens Park is one of the only parks in Seattle where you can build a bonfire and watch the sunset over the water.
One of Seattle’s most popular parks this time of year, Golden Gardens offers strolls along the coastline, hikes through forest trails, sunbathing on a sandy beach, fishing from a pier and a boat launch. You can also bring your dog for an off-leash are in the northern part of the park.
Golden Gardens is located just north of Shilshole Marina in Ballard:
I-5 Northbound or Southbound:
- Take exit to 85th St and head west.
- Follow 85th West to 32nd Ave. NW
- Take a left onto 32nd Ave. NW
- Travel south until NW 54th St
- Take a right onto NW 54th St
- Follow NW 54th St which turns into Seaview Ave NW to the entrance of the park.
Large parking lot along beach & park with overflow parking lot east of park. Plenty of handicapped spots available.