HistoryThis area was an ideal place to settle in Seattle’s early days. With the Duwamish River meandering through, the land was fertile and farming was lucrative. When the need for shipping canals increased, the river was straightened and deepened, and farms started closing down and giving way to industrial endeavors. The community has fought to maintain some sense of community throughout history, and although South Park isn’t the fertile valley that it once was, it still holds its appeal for many.
Who Lives Here?
- Foreign-born Urbanites - Foreign-born individuals who live in city.
- Born outside the U.S., they have moved to the U.S. and live in the city. Wide age range. Some have a high school or college education, and they work in a variety of occupations.
- Aspiring Urbanites - Urban singles with moderate income.
- Low- to middle-income singles over a wide age range. Some have a college education. They work in a variety of occupations, including some management-level positions.
- Bringing Up Baby - Younger urban couples just starting families.
- Mixed educational status with some having a high school education and some college. Income from the low- to high-end.
|Median Household Income||$30,917||$45,736|
|Homes With Kids||29%||18%|
|Commute Time||28 min||27 min|
VibeIn the past decade or so, South Park has seen a time of refreshing changes. The Duwamish Waterway Park was built along the river and Cesar Chavez Park provides a place to enjoy sculptures and local art. New housing options have been built, and the older ones are gradually being spruced up. Businesses have been moving into the area as a response to the new population growth. All in all, good things are in the future in South Park.
Activities and AttractionsAs with nearby Georgetown, South Park is a haven for breweries and wineries. Lowercase Brewing specializes in “Simple, good beer” while Odin Brewing “embraces the exploratory spirit of the ancient Vikings” with their beers. O S Winery hosts tastings of their own specialty wines and also hosts private events; Nota Bene Cellars is a family-owned operation that specializes in red wines made from Washington grapes. Loretta’s Northwesterner is a local favorite, serving up beers and burgers and always playing the latest game on one of their many televisions. Possibly the best part is that they have an Airstream trailer out back where you can hang out and watch more TV. Sweet!
Homes in South Park
South Park Homes for Sale
Search South Park Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest South Park homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
South Park Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
South Park Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in South Park.