HistoryOne of the earliest residents west of Green Lake was the wealthy Guy Phinney, who had his own private estate on the crest of the hill (which would later become Woodland Park and the Zoo). As the area immediately surrounding Green Lake filled with residents and the sawmill there worked its way through the nearby trees, people took advantage of the newly cleared land and moved in. Mr. Phinney encouraged more settlers by putting in his own trolley from Fremont to the area. As more transportation lines were put in, the entire area, including Phinney and Greenwood, became increasingly popular.
Who Lives Here?
- Power Singles - High-income urban singles.
- Highly educated professionals, many with advanced degrees. They draw a handsome salary and have reasonable living expenses while living a hip, upscale life in an urban center.
- Makin' It Singles - Upper-scale urban singles.
- Pre-middle-age to middle-age singles with upper-scale incomes. May or may not own their own home. Most have college educations and are employed in mid-management professions.
- Bright Lights, Big City - Very mobile singles living in the city.
- Singles ranging in age from early 20s to mid-40s who have moved to an urban setting. Most rent their apartment or condo. Some have a college education and work in services and the professional sector.
|Median Household Income||$56,936||$45,736|
|Homes With Kids||20%||18%|
|Commute Time||26 min||27 min|
VibeThis area is the perfect mix of quiet neighborhood meets in-city energy. Phinney Avenue just begs to be strolled down and enjoyed. New eateries, coffee shops, and fun boutique shops are opening up all the time, and the Phinney Neighborhood Association keeps a steady string of community events on their calendar.
Activities and AttractionsPeople from all over the city flock to Woodland Park and Woodland Park Zoo. Rumor has it, if you live on the edge of the park, you get two free passes to the summer ZooTunes concerts! Red Mill Burgers is a must-see, as is the PhinneyWood Art Walk. There also seem to be a high number of pet-related businesses; pets are welcome here! Of course, Green Lake is just a roll down the hill to the east, and Ballard is equally close to the west.
Homes in Phinney Ridge
Phinney Ridge Homes for Sale
Search Phinney Ridge Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest Phinney Ridge homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
Phinney Ridge Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
Phinney Ridge Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in Phinney Ridge.