HistoryAfter he tired of building airplanes, William Boeing decided to dip his toe into the land development market. He bought up a large chunk of land in northwest Seattle and began the Blue Ridge project. Trees were cleared, houses were built, and the wealthy of Seattle moved in. Five of the first homes, which were occupied by Boeing executives, still stand today and are referred to by residents as “the castles.”
Who Lives Here?
- Urban Power Families - High-income couples with children.
- Six-figure salaried couples with children who live an upscale life in a metro center. Highly educated professionals working in finance, medical, and high-tech fields.
- Corporate Climbers - High-income, high-expense urban singles.
- Urban singles with an up-and-coming income, but with higher-than-average living costs. Most have college educations and are employed in mid-management professions.
- Wise Old Urbanites - Older home-owning city dwellers in older buildings.
- Middle- to senior-age urban singles who are established in their work and living environment. Most own their own apartment or condo and tend to live in older buildings.
|Median Household Income||$52,163||$45,736|
|Homes With Kids||21%||18%|
|Commute Time||27 min||27 min|
VibeThough years have passed and new types of people have moved in, Blue Ridge has kept its reputation as an elite community. A fancy community club, pristine landscaping, and streets that have a private-access kind of feel further cement this notion.
Activities and AttractionsBeing a residential neighborhood, Blue Ridge doesn’t have a business district or many destinations to check out. Except, of course, for Carkeek Park. Over 400 homes back up to the ravine that has trees, hiking trails, and picturesque streams and bridges. The park also has beach access, an environmental learning center, and picnic and playground areas where the infamous Bubble Man is known to drop in to entertain the kiddies. You can also head down to Golden Gardens Park for an excellent beach, off-leash dog area or an evening bonfire. Swanson’s Nursery is another gem situated in the neighborhood. Any home gardener would be happy to spend hours exploring their selection of plants, both native and exotic. It’s also a favorite spot to visit in December with Santa visits, elaborate Christmas displays, electric train, and of course a chance to get your fresh-cut Christmas tree!
Homes in Blue Ridge/North Beach
Blue Ridge/North Beach Homes for Sale
Search Blue Ridge/North Beach Homes
Receive Home Listings Daily
Get the latest Blue Ridge/North Beach homes for sale delivered to your inbox each day.
Blue Ridge Home Value Index
Median Home Value
Median Condo Value
Blue Ridge/North Beach Real Estate Agents
Meet our local neighborhood experts who can help you buy or sell a home in Blue Ridge/North Beach.