It’s easy to get a little stir-crazy around here in the winter. Thankfully, Pacific Northwest folks make sure to create a lot of really cool events to keep things exciting and everyone occupied during the long, rainy days. Below is a slew of activities that are happening on just one day – Saturday, February 9th. From a whiskey tasting to a Brazilian Carnaval, it’s up to you, just take your pick!
1. Enjoy a single malt whiskey event at Islandwood on Bainbridge Island to benefit the West Sound Wildlife Shelter.
2. Take a plunge, of the polar-variety in support of the Special Olympics.
3. No need to go any further than the Neptune to experience “the hottest event of the year” – Brazilian Carnaval!
4. Find some running love at this year’s “Love ’em or Leave ’em” Valentine’s Day Dash at Greenlake park.
5. Get your dance on with Dancing on the Valentine, an annual benefit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
6. Have a party with your neighbors with a Neighbor Appreciation Day party.
7. Check out all the birds that live in Carkeek Park during their winter bird walk.