OK city slickers, get a taste of farm life this weekend at the 2011 Fall Harvest Farm Tour. Seven farms in Eastern King County will be open from 10AM-4PM on Saturday, September 24, 2011.
While you can’t get to all seven farms in a day, you can pick the ones that sound most interesting or ones that you haven’t been to yet.
- Baxter Barn – mini-donkeys, horses, cows, turkeys, chickens, pheasant, quail and bunnies.
- Alpacas at Legacy Ranch – Pretty self-explanatory, meet and fees the alpacas.
- Fall City Farms – Pick your own winter squash and pumpkins, or check out the produce at the farm store.
- Jubilee Farm – Tour the farm where they grow a range of vegetables and raise cows, chickens and turkeys.
- Carnation Tree Farm/Hjertoos Farm – Tour the 1906 farmhouse, 1910 dairy barn and community garden.
- Dog Mountain Farm – Visit with chickens, guinea fowl, ducks, geese, turkeys, rabbits, goats and sheep.
- Oxbow Farm – Vegetables, fruits and berries, plus a Living Playground and scavenger hunts for the tykes.